You probably have heard about the Windows sandbox. This article will explain how to enable and use it.
In the latest build of Windows 10, Microsoft has introduced a new feature called “Windows Sandbox.” It’s not new news as the insiders have already used it in recent days. But, Microsoft has just released the May 2019 update for Windows 10 which has brought this feature for everyone. If you already have installed the update, you can start using the sandbox.
Windows SandBox is Missing? Enable it!
If you are not seeing the Windows sandbox, you should not worry. Because you are not alone. By default, Microsoft keeps this feature disabled. You will have to enable it manually. So, Here is the guide on how to enable this feature.
Step 1: Enable Virtualization
Please, Keep in mind that your PC must support virtualization technology if you want to use the sandbox. Most modern PCs support it. So, Don’t worry, you probably can enable it from your motherboard’s BIOS/UEFI dashboard. To do it –
- At first, Access to the BIOS/UEFI dashboard. You can press Del/F12 or the appropriate key during your PC boots up (When you see the first light on your monitor). It will open the BIOS menu. For more details, You can follow your motherboard manufacturer’s website.
- Now, Find the option where the virtualization is located. In most modern BIOS/UEFI, you can go to the advanced tab to find this option.
- Then, Enable virtualization.
- At last, Save that setting and restart your PC.
Verify that Virtualization is Enabled:
If you are not sure if the virtualization is enabled or not, you can go through these steps to know about it.
- At first, Right-click on the taskbar and choose “Task Manager.”
- Now, Go to the performance tab and make sure the CPU is selected. By default, It should be selected.
- Then, Look at the left bottom corner. There you will see the virtualization status.
Once you have verified that the virtualization is enabled, you can follow the next step.
Step 2: Enable Windows Sandbox
This feature can be enabled from “Programs and Features” in the control panel. Here are the instructions to do it,
- At first, Go to the Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features.
- Now, Click on “Turn Windows Features On or Off.”
- Scroll down and find Windows Sandbox. Check the box next to it and click on OK.
- It will start installing the feature. At last, It will ask to restart your computer. Just do it.
So, At last, You have enabled the Windows Sandbox. It’s time to check what’s on it.
How to Use Windows Sandbox
After enabling this amazing feature, it’s time to use it. So, To do it, Follow these instructions.
- At first, Open the start menu and search for Windows Sandbox.
- Now, Click on the Windows Sandbox.
- Wait for a few seconds. It will open a new Windows 10 in a new window.
Now, You can as it as you want. The main purpose of this feature is to test untrusted or unreliable apps. Basically, A developer or a tech-savvy user can use it for various reasons. If you already have been using Windows Sandbox, let us know how is your experience in the comment box.