When you try to update Windows 10, you may face some unexpected problems. Now, You will get suggestions to fix update error 0x80248007 in Windows.
Getting error codes while updating is a pretty common thing in Windows. Retrying may fix it. But, Sometimes, The problem is so stubborn that it appears repeatedly until you take steps to troubleshoot. To fix windows update error 0x80248007 or any similar problems, you will have to go through some technical steps. In most cases, Corrupted update services and component on your PC is responsible for this type of problems. But, you can definitely solve it.
How to Fix Update Error 0x80248007 in Windows
This windows update issue is not as much stubborn like other errors. So, Any of these methods can solve your problem.
1. Use Update Troubleshooter
To fix windows update error code 0x80248007, you must use the built-in troubleshooter. Because, In most cases, It can be a successful way to get your problem solved. If you don’t know how to find the troubleshooter, follow these instructions.
- At first, Open Windows 10 settings by pressing on Win + I on the keyboard.
- Now, Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Then, Find the option Windows Update and click on it. This will reveal “Run the troubleshooter” button. Just click on it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
I hope it will help you to solve your problem.
2. Reset Software Distribution Folder
Corrupted data in this folder is the reason behind many update related problems. So, To fix update error 0x80248007 on Windows, you should reset that folder. It will work in most cases. If you don’t know how to do it, Read: How to Reset Software Distribution Folder
3. Restart Windows Installer Service
Sometimes, The update file installation may fail by showing the error code. So, you also can try this method. To restart the windows installer service, follow these instructions.
- At first, Open the command prompt as administrator.
- Now, Type net stop msiserver and hit enter.
- After that, Type net start msiserver and press enter.
After doing that thing, retry the update process. I hope it will fix the error code 0x80248007.
4. Reset All Update Components
I hope you won’t have to follow this method. Because First twos are enough to get your job done. If you still encounter the problem, you can take steps to reset windows update components. Then try again. It should work.
5. Direct Download and Update Manually
To get rid of the update error 0x80248007, you can download the update file manually from Microsoft website. Then, Install it by yourself. It should not give you an error. However, here are all the relevant instructions.
- At first, Go to this website: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
- Now, Search for the update you were trying to install. For example: KB4497165
- Then download the update package and install it on your PC.
6. Disable VPN and Proxy
Still getting the error code 0x80248007? It is maybe due to a connectivity problem on your PC. Often VPN and proxy cause connection errors. So, If you have a VPN client installed on your Windows 10 PC, uninstall it temporarily. Then, Disable proxy too. To do it, follow these steps.
- First of all, Press Win + I on the keyboard.
- Now, Navigate to Network & Internet > Proxy.
- Turn off all switches and restart your PC.
Hopefully, It will work.
7. Use VPN
It may seem weird. But, Sometimes, This type of errors occurs due to some connectivity issue with your ISP and Microsoft Update server. In this case, Trying a different network may help. So, To fix windows update error 0x80248007, I suggest you use a VPN connection too. After connecting to the VPN, Run the update troubleshooter as method 1. It may help you to get rid of this annoying problem.
So, These are the best ways to fix update error 0x80248007 in Windows 10. If you wish to add your opinion or question, comment below.