Windows 10 users face various error codes while doing various tasks on PCs. But, It is not a big deal to fix error 0x800f081f. Go through this article, You will get instructions in details.
The error 0x800f081f appears when you try to update windows 10 or try to install .Net framework 3.5. If update So, You will have to follow two different solutions
Table of Contents
How to Fix Update Error 0x800F081F on Windows 10
If you encounter this error when you try to install windows update, you can do following things to fix it.
- At first, You can disable security programs like antivirus and firewall.
- If it doesn’t help, you can reset software distribution folder.
- You also can reset catroot2 folder.
- Doing previous things should fix error 0x800f081f. If you still encounter the problem, try to reset update components.
- If nothing helps, try update manually by downloading the update file from here: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
How to Fix .Net Framework Installation Error 0x800F081F on Windows
If you encounter this error while installing .NET Framework 3.5 or any other version, you can follow the methods given below.
1. Tweak Group Policy
If the component installation is disabled on group policy, users may encounter this problem when they try to install .Net Framework. In this case, To repair error 0x800F081F, you can follow these steps.
- At first, Open the start menu, type gpedit.msc, and press enter. It will open the Windows Group Policy editor.
- Now, Navigate to the Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System.
- Then, Find and double-click on the Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
- Check “Enabled” and click on Apply and OK.
- At last, Restart your computer.
Now, Try to install the .Net Framework. I hope you won’t encounter the error anymore.
2. Use DISM
Sometimes, You may need to enable .Net Framework 3.5 manually on your system using DISM command. It will fix your problem. To do it, follow these instructions.
- At first, You will need a bootable Windows installation media such as pen drive or DVD etc. Insert it on your PC.
- Now, Open the Start menu, type cmd, right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Type the following command and hit enter. Replace the <Drive Letter> with your installation media drive letter such as D, E etc.
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<DRIVE Letter>:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
- After executing the command, you can try to install the .Net Framework 3.5. It will fix error 0x800F081F.
These are the most effective solutions to fix that error while updating windows or installing .Net framework. If you know any other better method to fix error 0x800F081F, you can let everyone know in the comment box.