Seeing various error codes during windows or any app update is not uncommon. This article will explain how to fix update error 0x80070426.
Encountering this type of problems is not uncommon. But, Sometimes, The problem may become too stubborn to get rid of. The error code 0x80070426 is one of them. Basically, It appears when you try to update windows 10. You also may see it when you try to update any Microsoft Store apps or games. But, You can troubleshoot it by following some special methods.
How to Fix Update Error 0x80070426 on Windows 10
To solve this problem, you can go through the following methods.
1. Reset Windows Store
If you face the error code while updating store apps, this method is for you. Resetting the store cache may fix your problem. Here are the instructions to do it.
- At first, Open the start menu, type cmd, right-click on the command prompt and choose run as administrator.
- Now, Type the following command and hit enter.
- Wait for a few seconds. It will automatically reset the windows store.
- Now, Check if it has fixed the error 0x80070426.
2. Clean Boot
If you encounter the error while updating windows or store apps, there might be several reasons. One of the common things is, any third-party software or services may cause conflict and as a result, you have been seeing the error. So, To troubleshoot the update error 0x80070426, you can perform clean boot. Then, Try to update windows or the problematic app. If you don’t face the error code, it means a third-party service was causing the problem. So, Identify the problematic program and services and disable/install them.
3. Repair Corrupted System Files
To repair the error 0x80070426, you also may need to repair corrupted system files. In this case, You can use system file checker (SFC) and DISM command. To get detailed instructions, Read: How to Repair Faulty System Files
4. Disable Antivirus & Firewall, and Stop Windows Defender (Security)
If you have third-party antivirus and firewall, disable it. Also, Disable the windows firewall. To do it,
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off
Also, Stop the Defender according to the following instructions.
- At first, Right-click on the taskbar, choose Task Manager.
- Then, Go to Services tab, find and right-click on the WinDefend and choose stop.
You also can open the command prompt as administrator and run the following command to do it.
net stop windefend
6. Reset Update Components
If none of the above five methods work, you can take steps to reset windows update components. It has a good chance to fix update error 0x80070426.
7. Update Manually
The first 6 methods should solve your problem. If not, you can download the windows update manually and then install it. To do it, follow these instructions.
- First of all, Go to the windows update catalog by following this link: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
- Then, Search for your desired update (Example: KB4487006) and download it.
- After that, Install the update manually.
- By this way, You can easily bypass the error 0x80070426.
Basically, These are the most effective ways to fix update error 0x80070426. You may know any other working methods that is not here. In this case, You can let others know that method in the comment box.