In Google Chrome, Encountering connection errors while surfing is not uncommon. This article is going to provide instructions to fix err proxy connection failed error.
In Windows 10, when you try to visit any websites using chrome browser, it may show you that there is a connection problem or no internet connection. But, In addition, It shows you an error name. It may be “ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED.” Usually, This type of errors appears in PC. But, Chrome on your smartphone also may give you the same error code. Don’t worry! You can easily fix this problem.
Normally, Any issue on your proxy or internet settings causes this problem. But, It is very easy to solve.
Table of Contents
How to Fix ERR PROXY CONNECTION FAILED
If you are looking for a solution to this problem. You are at the right place. Before going through actual methods, i suggest you check whether other devices on the same network experiencing the same issue or not. Because, Sometimes, It can be an issue of your ISP. In that case, Contact them to get help to get the solution for err_proxy_connection_failed error.
You also should check a few more things. Check if other browsers are working perfectly or not. Also, See chrome in guest mode. If you find, chrome is working fine in guest mode, then, disable all the extensions, clear cache and data. It will fix the problem.
By the way, To troubleshoot err proxy connection failed, just follow these methods.
1. Check Proxy Settings
To solve this issue in chrome, you should check your proxy server settings as the first solution. To do this, follow these instructions.
- At first, Press Win + I on the keyboard. It will open the Windows 10 settings window.
- Now, Go to Network & Internet > Proxy.
- Turn off everything except “Automatically detect settings.”
If you are not a Windows 10 user, you do following things.
- First of all, Press on Win + R on the keyboard, type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.
- Then, Go to Connections tab and click on LAN Settings. It will open a new window.
- Now, Uncheck everything except “Automatically detect settings.”
After doing the above things, restart your computer. Hopefully, It will solve err proxy connection failed.
2. Reset TCP, Renew IP
It can be a handy solution to get rid of any connection related problems on your PC. To reset TCP/IP, Renew IP, you can execute some commands. Here are the instructions with all details.
- At first, Open Command Prompt as administrator. To do it, open start menu, type cmd, right click on the command prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- After that, type the following commands and hit enter for each.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- After running these commands, you can restart Windows.
It may fix err proxy connection failed on Google Chrome.
3. Reset Internet Settings
To troubleshoot err_proxy_connection_failed, it is another excellent method. In some cases, resetting internet settings may help with solving this error. Here are the things, you will need to do.
- First of all, press Win + R, type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter. It will open “Internet Properties.”
- Now, Go to Advanced tab and click on Reset.
- Restart your PC.
Now see if it fixes your problem.
4. Disable Proxy from Windows Registry
This is another effective way to get rid of your problem. Before doing it, I recommend you to take a backup of the registry. Now, Follow these things.
- At first, Open RUN like before. Then, Type regedit and hit enter. It will open Windows Registry Editor.
- Then, Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Internet settings.
- Now, Delete the following things.
- Restart your PC. It should fix err proxy connection failed.
6. More Solutions to Solve ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
Generally, the first five methods work in almost every situation. But, If you still encounter the same problem, it may be due to any misconfiguration on your PC. So, I suggest you to check the following things.
- At first, Disable your third-party antivirus and firewall. It will help to understand if that was causing the problem. If yes, uninstall or modify relevant settings on it.
- Reset your router or modem and see if it helps.
- Scan your PC for malware with a good security program.
Hopefully, these tips will help you to troubleshoot err proxy connection failed error. You may have a better suggestion to share. I recommend you to let everyone know it in the comment box.
Hope something helps!