If you already have encountered the blue screen of death “CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED,” you can go through this article. Because You will get to know how to fix this BSOD effectively.
This BSOD is not new in Windows 10. But, Recently, A higher number of PC users have been encountering this blue screen error. According to the various sources, The CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED is occurring right after a windows update. In most cases, Users are not getting the login screen. Because The BSOD keeps appearing right after the startup. As they are not getting access to the desktop, it is not possible to apply some common methods to solve this BSOD. Don’t worry, this article will explain how can you fix critical service failed BSOD.
There may be various things that can cause this problem. But, Hard Disk issues, driver problems, faulty system files and services, memory issues etc. are the most common.
Fix CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED
When users encounter this problem, there may be two situations. In the first one, User may not be able to access desktop and in another case, users can access their PC but the BSOD appears suddenly. So, The solutions for both of them are different.
1. Try System Restore in Safe Mode or Recovery Environment
As a recent update may have caused this blue screen error, you may try to do a system restore. But, You will need to boot into safe mode if you can access Windows normally. Then, You can perform a system restore. Otherwise, You can try to do it from recovery environment. So, Here are the full instructions.
- After several failings to start normally, Windows may show you boot options screen. From there, you should click on Troubleshoot.
- Then, Go to Advanced Options > System Restore.
- Now, Choose the restore point and finish the process.
It may fix critical service failed error.
2. Startup Repair/Automatic
Usually, Windows should automatically run startup repair when repeated BSOD occurs. But, Sometimes, You may need to do it from recovery mode with/without Windows bootable media.
- If you can’t go to recovery mode like method 1, you can insert a bootable windows 10 disk/pen drive.
- Then, Choose to repair instead of installation. It will bring the recovery menu.
- You can go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair/Automatic Repair
- Finish it.
Now, Check if it has fixed your problem or not.
3. Disable Drivers Signature Enforcement
It is another effective way to fix critical_service_failed. Here are the full instructions to disable drivers signature enforcement.
- At first, Go to Recovery Mode like before.
- Now, Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings.
- Then, Click on Restart.
- After restarting, you will see a list of options. From there, You should see the “disable drivers signature enforcement” at 7th. So, Press 7 or F7 on the keyboard.
- It may help you to login into Windows without encountering it.
If you can access Windows successfully, you should try to do following things to fix this BSOD.
- Update all of the drivers.
- Boot into clean boot mode to find and uninstall problematic services.
- Do system restore.
- Or analyze memory dump file to find out the root of the problem.
These are the most effective tips to get rid of critical service failed. If these don’t help, you can re-install windows.