Some users may experience DirectX related problems on their PC. This article explains how to fix DirectDraw and Direct3D Acceleration not Available on Windows 10.
The users who work with graphics-intensive software or play games that require DirectX features, they may encounter some common problems. Sometimes, they may see a message like “Direct3D acceleration is unavailable.” Some users may even see that DirectDraw is not available message. It can be a very big problem for gamers or 3D designers. However, If these features are disabled on your PC, you can enable it by yourself.
However, Sometimes, There may be any internal errors that may also cause this problem. In that case, You will have to go through some troubleshooting steps to fix this problem.
There might be many reasons behind this type of problem. But, The most common one is the GPU driver problem or the graphics card hardware issue. Or any misconfiguration also may create this error. But, Don’t worry. There are ways to get rid of it.
How to Fix DirectDraw and Direct3D Acceleration not Available on Windows
There are are some effective methods to fix this error. Here are they –
1. Enable Direct3D and DirectDraw Acceleration Manually
This should be the first step to fix Direct3D and DirectDraw acceleration not available error. If somehow it is disabled in your PC, you may encounter this problem. So, You should enable it by yourself. To do it-
- At first, Open the start menu.
- Then, type dxdiag and hit enter. It will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.
- Now, Go to the Display tab.
- There you will see “Disabled” next to the Direct Draw and Direct3D Acceleration. If there is the option to enable. Just, Enable it.
However, It may not be applicable for all Windows and PCs. In addition, You also can do the following things.
- At first, Open Run by pressing Win + R on the keyboard.
- Now, Type optionalfeatures and hit enter.
- Now, Find Legacy and expand it.
- Then, Check DirectPlay and save the settings.
It will automatically install the features. Then, Restart your PC. It should solve the problem.
2. Update Graphics Card Driver
If the driver version of your GPU is extremely outdated or incompatible, this problem may arise. So, To fix direct3d and DirectDraw acceleration not available, you should update the graphics card driver. To do it, follow these steps.
- At first, Open the start menu.
- Then, Type devmgmt.msc and press enter. It will open the Windows Device Manager.
- From there, Find and expand the “Display Adapter.”
- Then, Right-click on the graphics card driver and choose “Update Driver.”
- Follow your preferred method to update.
You also should update other drivers one by one in this way. However, It may not be a convenient method for you. In this case, You can use Driver Booster or Driver Easy. These tools can update all drivers by a single-click and also do it automatically regularly or according to your schedule.
2. Update DirectX
Generally, the DirectX update is done via Windows update. So, If you haven’t updated Windows for a long time, You should update it now. It will have a good chance to fix DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleration not available problem.
However, You also can do it manually. In this case, Go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Then, Download and Install the latest DirectX.
However, If the problem still exists, It may be a different problem! Are you using an extremely old graphics card? In fact, 6/7 years or more Old graphics card models may not support all the features of the latest Windows 10. In this case, You should change and upgrade it to the latest or supported models. It will fix the direct3d or DirectDraw unavailable problem.
These are basically the best ways to get rid of this problem. If you know any other trick, feel free to share in the comment box.