Do you know that you can back up your iPhone via WiFi or Local Network automatically? It can help you to avoid connecting lightning cable with PC every time you want to run the backup process. However, This article explains how to do it effectively on Windows and Mac.
We always should have a backup of our data. It will allow us to restore it when needed. iPhone is the first choice for many users. But, Many of us don’t know how we can manage our iPhone/iPad or iPod backup effectively. There are actually two main ways to back up your iPhone. One is using iCloud. But, many people may not want to do it. Because of iCloud comes with only 5 GB free storage. For additional storage, you will have to pay. In this case, Many iPhone users prefer keeping the backups in their PC or Mac. When it comes to keeping backup in PC, connecting a USB cable comes in mind first. But, You can do it wirelessly too.
Table of Contents
How to Back Up Your iPhone/iPad/iPod via WiFi or Local Network Schedule-Wise to PC or Mac
For this purpose, iTunes is the official solution from Apple. But, It doesn’t fulfill all users’ needs properly. So, there are some third-party solutions and these are also very popular. However, If you wish to back up your iPhone via WiFi or Local Network, here are the methods you can follow.
1. iTunes – Sync Over WiFi
If you don’t have a third-party premium iPhone manager, You may be relying on iTunes for backup. However, you don’t need to connect the lighting cable for this. Because you can do it wirelessly. iTunes has a feature that allows your PC to sync with iPhone over WiFi. If you don’t know how to enable it, follow these steps.
- At first, Open iTunes and connect your iPhone via USB cable.
- Then, Click on the Phone icon on iTunes and go to Summery. Check “This Computer” under the Automatically Back up section.
- Now, Scroll down and find the option “Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi” and “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected.” Tick these options and click on Apply.
Now, iTunes can back up your iPhone via WiFi automatically. It has some issues. There is no schedule backup option in iTunes. Also, It seems unstable. Sometimes, iTunes fails to detect the iPhone over WiFi. So, you may want to rely on iMazing or Anytrans.
2. iMazing – WiFi Backup
iMazing is my personal favorite. It is one of the best iTunes alternatives. But, It can do some tasks better than iTunes. Unfortunately, It’s not free software. But, It’s worth your money. One of the best features of this iPhone Manager is Wireless backup. It means, iMazing can backup your iPhone/iPad/iPod via WiFi without you to connecting a cable. The great thing is it can sync everything through your local network too. For example, you have a desktop and it is connected to the home network/internet via ethernet. Your iPhone is connected to the same home network via WiFi. In this case, iMazing also can backup your iPhone via local network. It is enabled by default. If you want to know more about this software, Read: iMazing Review.
However, If the wireless backup feature is not enabled in iMazing, You will have to enable it manually. To get this job done, you will have to do the follow these steps.
Step 1: Enable Automatic Backup and Configure Schedule
iMazing has a very cool automatic backup feature. You can set your preferred schedule and timeframe. It will ensure when iMazing will backup your iPhone. However, here are the steps.
- At first, Install and open iMazing.
- Now, Connect your iPhone/iPad via USB cable.
- iMazing will automatically detect your phone. An option will appear on your iPhone. You should allow your PC/Mac from iPhone.
- Now, In your PC, You will see that the iPhone is connected with iMazing.
- Then, Click on Options.
- Now, Click on Change next to the Automatic Backup option.
- Configure your schedule and timeframe and save the settings.
Step 2: Enable WiFi Connection
By default, iMazing should this option enabled. If not, follow these steps.
- In options, You should also see an option called “WiFi Connection.” Just click on “Enable” next to this option.
- After enabling this feature, save the settings.
From now, iMazing will back up your iPhone via WiFi/Local Network automatically. You won’t have to connect your phone through a lightning cable.
3. Anytrans – Air Backup
iMobile Anytrans is another cool iPhone manager that has a decent wireless backup feature. It is called Air Backup. Like iMazing, It also can back up your iPhone via WiFi or Local Network. You also can set your preferred schedule manually. You can learn more about this software in this iMobie Anytrans Review.
However, to back up iPhone wirelessly using Anytrans, follow this instruction.
- At first, Connect your iPhone using USB cable and open Anytrans.
- Then, Open the Air Backup Manager and enable this feature.
- You also can configure your own schedule for the backup.
4. Backup Using iCloud
iCloud can be another option if you don’t like to store your data locally. There are many advantages and disadvantages of using iCloud for backup. The first advantage is you won’t have to rely on your PC or Mac for restore. You can go anywhere and restore your data. Also, When you buy a new device and log in using your Apple ID, you will have the option to restore data from iTunes. The downside is you will have to pay when you cross the free 5 GB storage limit. However, If you wish to enable iCloud backup, follow these things.
- At first, Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Now, Tap on your profile (your name).
- Then, Go to iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- At last, Turn it on.
From now, your iPhone will store your data and contents to iCloud. Later that can be restored if needed.
These are the best ways to backup your iPhone/iPad/iPod via WiFi or local network. If you have any questions or suggestions, put it in the comment box.